- Moore made a mountain of money by exploiting the Democratic convention, campaign and media to sell his products to the leftist faithful, who were almost his only customers.
- Is Michael Moore America's most influential propagandist against capitalism, or its most cynical, self-serving capitalist?
- Is Michael Moore really a closet Republican, the GOP's most cunning secret agent?
- Is Michael Moore an elephant (or a pig) disguised in donkey clothing?
Moore's shrill propaganda was a sermon to the choir that converted almost nobody, but it diverted tens of millions of liberal political dollars from the campaign to Moore's own pockets. Moore boasted to Leno that President Bush's tax cuts will now let him keep more of his fast-growing wealth.
"Moore's shtick is to deftly read the emotional contours of the liberal left and then to profitably mold and expand himself to fill the void," wrote Marc Cooper last March in LA Weekly. "He's a polarizer, not a teacher. His ramped-up stage style, shouting and screaming profanities at Dubya, no doubt provides some satisfying moments for the already-converted but can only alienate and confound those still in doubt."
Some Democrats watching the show must have wondered whether undermining their candidate's campaign to help Bush win had always been Michael Moore's secret plan.
Автор статьи не соглашается с такими предположениями разочаровнных демократов и пытается перевести разговор про "феномен Мура" в минувшей избирательной кампании из традиционно характерного для него цинично-коммерческого в основном звучания в идеологическое русло и высказывает потому на этот счет уже в заключение и свое лично мнение:
- He is exactly what he appears to be: a radical leftist who has grown wealthy by exploiting an economic system he would destroy in a nation whose founding principles he despises.</b>
Posted by Senior Editor on 2005/2/6 by Lowell Ponte
PS.Как обычно, можно было бы наверное в заключение отметить что ровно про то - и буквально в тех же самых выражениях - ранее уже тут писал, и ни раз. См. об этом к примеру здесь.