Большой успех еврейского спортсмена - Рабинович бьет мировой рекорд
По сообщению с новостной ленты CNN (вопрос о допустимой степени доверия этому СМИ в данном посту принципиально не обсуждается), так называемый, "южноафриканский Рабинович" (не путать с известным в lj поэтом иронического жанра из НЙ) весьма и весьма заметно - на целых пять секунд - улучшил мировой рекорд в беге не спринтерскую дистанцию:
- He breaks 100 meter sprint mark by over 5 seconds Saturday, July 10, 2004
CAPE TOWN, South Africa (Reuters) --
South African Philip Rabinowitz became the world's fastest 100-year-old on Saturday, slashing more than five seconds off the record for the 100 meter sprint for centenarians. "Oh, I feel wonderful now, absolutely wonderful," Rabinowitz said after finishing in a time of 30.86 seconds and breaking the previous mark of 36.19 set by Austrian Erwin Jaskulski.... "I don't know how long it is going to be like this. Every time I go, I break my own record. I get younger and younger," Rabinowitz said as his coach checked his pulse.
South African athletics officials used electronic timers to verify the record. Rabinowitz broke the record a week ago, but a faulty electronic timer kept the mark out of the books.
The South African, who works as a bookkeeper for his daughter and tries to walk at least four miles (six kilometers) a day, is already listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the world's oldest competitive walker.
The world record for the men's 100 meters -- 9.78 seconds -- was set by American Tim Montgomery in 2002. Montgomery was 27 at the time.